Sewing Patterns / DIY / Tutorials / By Hand Style
It’s not even been four months since we started this blog and already we have been nominated for not one… not two… but THREE bloggers awards!!!! Woweeeee!!!!!
Even more flattering though, was being nominated by someone who’s blog we love and follow – A Gastronome’s Closet – if you haven’t yet, check her out! Inspiring makes, lip-smacking recipes and beautiful photographs.
So the deal with these inter-blog awards, in case this is all sounding quite bizarre, is this:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you
– Include the links to their blogs
– Include the award image in your post
– Copy the award image to your site
– Give seven random facts about yourself
– Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
– When nominating other bloggers include the links to their sites
– Let those bloggers know they’ve been nominated
Kind of like a chain email but instead of spreading superstitious fear, we are spreading LOVE. Wonderful.
7 random facts about the By Hand London girls:
1. Charlotte will be rendered completely incapacitated if tickled on her back.
2. Victoria has a phobia of water so intense that she can’t even close her eyes in the shower.
3. Elisalex has a thing for hairy chests.
4. After a few drinks we pretty much stop talking to each other normally… Silly accents only!
5. Charlotte is a sucker for a man who sings in Falsetto from time to time, ie. Prince, Marvin Gaye, D’Angelo.
6. As well as being an amazing pattern cutter, Victoria has also trained as a kickboxer.
7. Elisalex still hasn’t taken down the plastic mistletoe from last Christmas. Nor does she ever intend to.
15 awesome blogs we’d like to pass these awards on to:
1. Heather Lou of Closet Case Files – LOVE this girl!
2. Lauren of Lladybird – she sews, she knits, she drives a pick-up and she lives in Nashville. Jealous? Us??
3. Joanne of Stitch & Witter – hilarious, honest, and reading her blog feels as if you’ve been invited to hang out with Joanne in her studio.
4. Marie of A Sewing Odyssey – we share a mutual love of outrageous prints and jersey…!
5. Dixie of DixieDIY – beautiful Texan gal and super talented seamstress, and a sewing with knits expert.
6. Yes I Like That – fellow Londoner and seamstress who’s “schizophrenic” approach to blogging we like. Yes we like that very much (sorry, couldn’t resist the pun!).
7. Katie of The Little Red Squirrel – if vintage is your bag, Katie is your gal!
8. Ingrid of Ingthings – even if you don’t understand Dutch (which only one of us here actually does), no matter, Ingrid’s pictures are just soooooo pretty!
9. Kristin of Lemmemakeit – you’d never guess this girl also blogs for Martha Stewart.
10. Yes Missy – we’re especially digging her nail art tutorials…
11. Rosie of DIY Couture – Rosie’s renegade approach to sewing is genius. If you live in London, get yourself to one of her workshops!
12. Oonaballoona from Kalkatroona – loud, hilarious, beautiful, and makes a mean cocktail.
14. Cotton & Curls – one HAWT mama, with a mouth watering selection of DIY projects to boot.
15. DIY Natural – all the DIY’s you could possibly need for living a more sustainable, self sufficient life. For the hippy within.
Thank you again, Lady Gastronome, it’s great to know we’re doing something right!!